NIDA participates in NIH’s SBIR and STTR Omnibus Funding Opportunity Announcements, issues targeted RFAs and RFPs. In addition, The Program Descriptions and Research Topics Document explains the priority research areas for the SBIR and STTR programs at each of the 24 participating NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs). List of programatic priorities are also outlined in NIDA's NOT-DA-17-013.
New Target Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs):
- Advancing Validated Drug Targets for Substance Use Disorders [RFA-DA-22-018][RFA-DA-22-023]
HEAL Initiative: America's Startups and Small Businesses Build Technologies to Stop the Opioid Crisis [RFA-DA-19-019][RFA-DA-19-020]
Current Active Program Announcements (PAs):
The four (4) Omnibus parent program announcements have three (3) due dates: September 5th; January 5th; and April 5th.
Please note, if application due date falls on a weekend or a federal holiday, the application is due the subsequent date (e.g. September 5th, 2020 due date will be due September 8th, 2020 as a result of Monday September 7th Labor Day).
- PHS 2020-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR [R43/R44] Clinical Trial Not Allowed) [PA-21-259]
- PHS 2020-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR [R41/R42] Clinical Trial Not Allowed) [PA-21-262]
- PHS 2020-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR [R43/R44] Clinical Trial Required) [PA-21-260]
- PHS 2020-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR [R41/R42] Clinical Trial Required) [PA-21-261]
Other Program Announcements:
- Administrative Supplements to Promote Diversity in Research and Development Small Businesses-SBIR/STTR (Admin Supp Clinical Trial Not Allowed) [PA-18-837]
- Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network (BPN): Small Molecule Drug Discovery and Development for Disorders of the Nervous System (U44) [PAR-20-111]
- BRAIN Initiative: Development, Optimization, and Validation of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research [PAR-18-870] [PAR-18-871]